After exchanging a few messages with your Crush, you have decided to meet them. Congratulations, your 1st date is going to be awesome :)
In order to have the best experience possible, here are a few tips to take into account:
- Always meet in a public place for the first date and choose busy areas such as cafés, bars, restaurants, parks, museums, stadiums for sports events…etc. Avoid going to a quiet place or a house/flat for your first rendez-vous. If your Crush changes the meeting place for another one you don’t know at the last minute, it is preferable that you cancel your date and reschedule for another time.
- Go to the meeting place by your own means and don’t depend on your Crush to go back home. If necessary, a friend or family member can come and pick you up after the date. Even if your first date out with your Crush went well, avoid getting in his/her car on the first day.
- Always warn your friends or family members when you are going to meet your Crush for the first time. Tell them the exact date, time and place where you will meet. If you don't feel comfortable to meet your Crush alone for the first time, you can also invite him/her to one of the gatherings with your group of friends, for example a picnic, a concert or pre-drinks.
- If you feel uncomfortable during the date, do not hesitate to make an excuse and leave. If you came alone, you can ask one of your friends to call you at a certain time so that, if the date is not going well, you will be able to make up a pretext and leave.
- Try not to give too much information about yourself too fast. Do not give your home address, work address or any similar information too soon. Connect on Social Media after some time only. Let the mystery do its thing!
- Know your limits! If your Crush offers you alcohol or drugs, stay in control and do not accept any substances that you wouldn’t usually take. If you feel pressured or uncomfortable, just leave. Be also careful with your drinks and personal belongings, do not leave them unattended during the first dates.
- The most important advice is also to trust your instinct! Remember that you are free to do whatever you want during the date and that you are not obliged in any way to go on with it if you don’t feel at ease.
You can also decide that the magic is simply not there and put an end to it. Relax and enjoy, and if it doesn’t go according to the plan, you will have at least tried and be ready for your next adventure :)